Allegri asks Milan to treat Atalanta tie as relegation dogfight
Milan: AC Milan football coach Massimiliano Allegri asked his side to treat their game against Atalanta as a "a relegation dogfight" in the Italian Serie A.
The Milan side will entertain Atalanta at home Monday, and Allegri reminded his players of the dangers they are facing, reports Xinhua.
"Atalanta are very organised and doing well this season. It`s an important game and we mustn`t forget we have only 19 points. We need to look over our shoulders, as this is a relegation dogfight," he said Sunday.
"We`ve got to start 2014 off the right way, because our table is unimpressive and we need to learn from our mistakes. We cannot afford another slip-up."
He pointed out that the Milan side need to fight for survival both in Serie A as well as in the Champions League.
"Tomorrow we must do everything possible to win, as the next few months have got to be different from the last few. We must have the humility to acknowledge we`re closer to the relegation zone than the European places," he said.
Milan, with 19 points, are only one clear of Atalanta and five ahead of the relegation zone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation?
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi