Allegri praises Balotelli maturity over Inter abuse
Milan: AC Milan boss Massimiliano Allegri has praised the maturity of Mario Balotelli after he was the victim of persistent verbal abuse throughout Sunday`s 1-1 draw with Inter.
The controversial forward began his career with the Nerazzurri but joined their arch-rivals from Manchester City during the January transfer window, much to the anger of Inter supporters.
"Balotelli did very well not to react to the provocations, I`m just sorry he wasn`t able to score," Allegri praised after the game.
Nerazzurri fans were at the centre of controversy earlier this month when they launched racist chants about the Italy international in the wake of his move to Milan, resulting in a €15,000 fine for the club.
Before Sunday`s game, president Massimo Moratti and Inter `ultras` released statements warning against a repeat of those actions.
The warnings over racism were generally headed though abusive personal banners aimed at Balotelli were on show at San Siro.
Some Inter fans waved inflatable bananas, items which have become a regular sight at Serie A games and not considered to be a representation of racist abuse.
The 22-year-old has scored four times in as many games for the Rossoneri since joining the club.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city