Alves says racism widespread in Spanish football
Johannesburg: Brazilian footballer Dani Alves has said racism is widespread in Spanish football, and claimed that he had been racially abused during the recent Spanish Cup tie-match between his club Barcelona and Real Madrid.
According to Alves, racism controversies will continue to be a losing war until drastic measures are taken. He added that he had been racially abused in each game in all the 10 years that he had been in Spain.
The Barcelona fullback also pointed out the need for more severe punishments in such cases, and said that a club that commits these acts should be fined a lot more than 1000 or 2000 euros, which is a small amount for them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly