Alves thrilled by explosive Messi-Neymar partnership
Madrid: Barcelona defender Dani Alves has backed Lionel Messi and Neymar to combine to devastating effect next season by describing the duo as the ‘bomb’.
The former Santos striker has silenced his critics in recent weeks by lighting up the Confederations Cup from which he emerged with the Golden Ball en route to winning the competition with the Selecao.
And Alves believes the 21-year-old can forge an explosive partnership with Argentina`s golden boy and says both have the requisite amount of humility to succeed.
"They will be the bomb next season," he told reporters. "That is why I insisted Neymar join us so much because I`m sure he will be a very special player.
"They will have a very positive connection. Neymar is happy to play with Messi. There will no problems because there is humility with both of them."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui