Alves thrilled by explosive Messi-Neymar partnership
Madrid: Barcelona defender Dani Alves has backed Lionel Messi and Neymar to combine to devastating effect next season by describing the duo as the ‘bomb’.
The former Santos striker has silenced his critics in recent weeks by lighting up the Confederations Cup from which he emerged with the Golden Ball en route to winning the competition with the Selecao.
And Alves believes the 21-year-old can forge an explosive partnership with Argentina`s golden boy and says both have the requisite amount of humility to succeed.
"They will be the bomb next season," he told reporters. "That is why I insisted Neymar join us so much because I`m sure he will be a very special player.
"They will have a very positive connection. Neymar is happy to play with Messi. There will no problems because there is humility with both of them."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?