Alves thrilled by explosive Messi-Neymar partnership
Madrid: Barcelona defender Dani Alves has backed Lionel Messi and Neymar to combine to devastating effect next season by describing the duo as the ‘bomb’.
The former Santos striker has silenced his critics in recent weeks by lighting up the Confederations Cup from which he emerged with the Golden Ball en route to winning the competition with the Selecao.
And Alves believes the 21-year-old can forge an explosive partnership with Argentina`s golden boy and says both have the requisite amount of humility to succeed.
"They will be the bomb next season," he told reporters. "That is why I insisted Neymar join us so much because I`m sure he will be a very special player.
"They will have a very positive connection. Neymar is happy to play with Messi. There will no problems because there is humility with both of them."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY