Alves thrilled by explosive Messi-Neymar partnership
Madrid: Barcelona defender Dani Alves has backed Lionel Messi and Neymar to combine to devastating effect next season by describing the duo as the ‘bomb’.
The former Santos striker has silenced his critics in recent weeks by lighting up the Confederations Cup from which he emerged with the Golden Ball en route to winning the competition with the Selecao.
And Alves believes the 21-year-old can forge an explosive partnership with Argentina`s golden boy and says both have the requisite amount of humility to succeed.
"They will be the bomb next season," he told reporters. "That is why I insisted Neymar join us so much because I`m sure he will be a very special player.
"They will have a very positive connection. Neymar is happy to play with Messi. There will no problems because there is humility with both of them."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH