Madrid: Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti believes his side have paid for their efforts in the Champions League after their La Liga title challenge ended with a 2-0 defeat to Celta Vigo on Sunday.
Ancelotti`s men have taken just two points from their last three league games after a stunning 4-0 thrashing of reigning European champions Bayern Munich to reach the Champions League final later this month.
And the Italian admitted that his players may have had one eye on their clash with La Liga leaders Atletico Madrid in Lisbon on May 24.
"It is true that in the last three games we have not done things well," he said.
"Since the semi-final our intensity has dropped and we have paid heavily for it. Now we have to look at what we have done wrong and recover our energy and players for the final."
Ancelotti was particularly displeased with the manner in which Real conceded two goals to Brazilian striker Charles as he latched onto errors from Sergio Ramos and Xabi Alonso.
"We gifted them two goals. Afterwards we tried to score and have control of the play, but we had a lot of players out and it had been difficult to prepare for the game.
"We are disappointed because we have lost the league."
Real were missing the injured Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema in Vigo, whilst Gareth Bale was an unused substitute.
And Ancelotti says his focus is now on making sure all his stars are fit and available to face Atletico in two weeks` time.
"We have a great chance to realise a dream for all Madrid fans and that is what we are going to try and do. Afterwards we will see if it has been a good season or not.
"Bale had a knock and wasn`t at 100 percent so we thought it best not to risk him to avoid any problems.
"Cristiano trained this morning and is recovering well. We have two weeks until the final and I think he will be completely fine by then. I think he will play against Espanyol next week."