Ancelotti: PSG must transfer European form to Ligue 1
Paris: Carlo Ancelotti called on Paris Saint-Germain to repeat the same level of commitment domestically after a disciplined performance laid the foundations for a crucial Champions League victory over Dynamo Kiev.
Ezequiel Lavezzi stole the headlines with his first two goals for les Parisiens since his summer move from Napoli, guaranteeing his side a place in the knock-out stages.
And the former Chelsea boss has told his troops that they must pick up their efforts on the Ligue 1 front after a run of three games without a win saw them slip from top spot.
"The team had a good attitude in the first half, although our game was not quite there," he told reporters.
"This is an important result but I`m already thinking about the next game and I want to see the same attitude from my players in the league.
"We must not forget what happened against Saint-Etienne and Rennes."
Dynamo coach Oleg Blokhin said he could not fault the efforts of his players, despite the fact that qualification is now beyond their grasp.
"We had 17 shots on goal, while PSG had only five," the Soviet legend added.
"The fans were complaining because they`re fed up with defeats, but I have no reason to reproach my players."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why