Ancelotti: PSG must transfer European form to Ligue 1
Paris: Carlo Ancelotti called on Paris Saint-Germain to repeat the same level of commitment domestically after a disciplined performance laid the foundations for a crucial Champions League victory over Dynamo Kiev.
Ezequiel Lavezzi stole the headlines with his first two goals for les Parisiens since his summer move from Napoli, guaranteeing his side a place in the knock-out stages.
And the former Chelsea boss has told his troops that they must pick up their efforts on the Ligue 1 front after a run of three games without a win saw them slip from top spot.
"The team had a good attitude in the first half, although our game was not quite there," he told reporters.
"This is an important result but I`m already thinking about the next game and I want to see the same attitude from my players in the league.
"We must not forget what happened against Saint-Etienne and Rennes."
Dynamo coach Oleg Blokhin said he could not fault the efforts of his players, despite the fact that qualification is now beyond their grasp.
"We had 17 shots on goal, while PSG had only five," the Soviet legend added.
"The fans were complaining because they`re fed up with defeats, but I have no reason to reproach my players."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert