Ancelotti says Real not expecting to sign Bale from `touchy` Spurs this summer
London: Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti has said that he is not expecting the club to sign Gareth Bale from Tottenham Hotspur this summer, saying that Bale is a very touchy subject with Spurs.
According to Metro.co.uk, although Madrid has been chasing Bales for much of the transfer window, they saw their opening offer of 85 million pounds two weeks ago, and are yet to agree on a price despite talks between Madrid and Spurs advancing recently.
Expecting the Welshman to stay on at White Hart Lane, Ancelotti said that he does not think that Bale would be coming to Madrid at the moment, adding that the winger is a very touchy subject with Spurs.
It is believed that Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has demanded a fee of at least 100 million pounds for Bale, and the report said that even though Madrid can afford the price, they would only consider paying it in installments of around 20 million pounds-a-year.
Spurs have lined up Roma`s tricky winger Erik Lamela as a possible replacement for Bale, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof