Ancelotti says Real not expecting to sign Bale from `touchy` Spurs this summer
London: Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti has said that he is not expecting the club to sign Gareth Bale from Tottenham Hotspur this summer, saying that Bale is a very touchy subject with Spurs.
According to Metro.co.uk, although Madrid has been chasing Bales for much of the transfer window, they saw their opening offer of 85 million pounds two weeks ago, and are yet to agree on a price despite talks between Madrid and Spurs advancing recently.
Expecting the Welshman to stay on at White Hart Lane, Ancelotti said that he does not think that Bale would be coming to Madrid at the moment, adding that the winger is a very touchy subject with Spurs.
It is believed that Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has demanded a fee of at least 100 million pounds for Bale, and the report said that even though Madrid can afford the price, they would only consider paying it in installments of around 20 million pounds-a-year.
Spurs have lined up Roma`s tricky winger Erik Lamela as a possible replacement for Bale, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video