Ancelotti ticks off Blatter for comment on C. Ronaldo
Madrid: Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti has labelled FIFA president Sepp Blatter`s comments on Cristiano Ronaldo`s demeanour on the field as disrespectful.
Blatter described the Portuguese as being "like a commander on the pitch" and joked he spent more money on his hairstyle than Barcelona rival Lionel Messi, in an audience with Oxford University students last week.
"It seems to me like a lack of respect," Ancelotti said Tuesday.
Ronaldo aims to topple Messi to win the Balon d`Or for the first time in five years after both men were nominated in the 23-man shortlist for the award Tuesday.
Ancelotti also confirmed that Real president Florentino Perez has sent a letter to FIFA asking them to rectify Blatter`s comments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Germany says 'won`t let anyone take Europe from us'
- High-tech scans can spare cancer patients from intensive chemotherapy: Study
- Britain pressured for quick EU split as Brexit impact begins
- Debris in Tanzania to be examined for link to missing MH370: Report
- Religious tensions bristle in Myanmar village after mosque destroyed