Anderson completes Fiorentina loan move
London: Manchester United midfielder Anderson completed his loan switch to Fiorentina in Serie A on Saturday.
"ACF Fiorentina has finalised the transfer of Anderson Luis De Abreu Oliveira on loan from Manchester United FC," said a statement on the Fiorentina website.
The 25-year-old Brazilian, who arrived at United from Porto in 2007, made just eight appearances for the Old Trafford club this season and a mere four in the Premier League.
"We`ve not been able to get Anderson as many games as he`d hoped or we hoped we might get him so we feel it`s a good opportunity," said United boss David Moyes.
"He`s going to a good club in a good league so hopefully it gets him some benefit."
Fiorentina boss Vincenzo Montella hailed the contribution that Anderson could make for his side who are currently in fourth place in Serie A.
"The club moved quickly and our directors did very well. Anderson is a very sharp guy with great temperament who has already settled into the reality of Fiorentina," said Montella on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today