Anelka ridicules `stupid` Juventus exit reports
Piedmont: Juventus striker Nicolas Anelka has branded rumours that he wants to terminate his contract as "stupid".
Le 10 Sport reported that the former Arsenal and Chelsea striker was planning on calling time on his Serie A stint already, suggesting that he is frustrated with a lack of playing time at his new club.
However, the Frenchman angrily denied the rumours and insisted that he has no plans of leaving Antonio Conte`s squad prematurely.
Anelka tweeted: "I never even thought of rescinding my contract with Juventus. Once again 10Sport are spreading stupid reports!"
Anelka joined Juventus in January to provide attacking back-up to Sebastian Giovinco, Mirko Vucinic, Fabio Quagliarella, Alessandro Matri and on-loan Nicklas Bendtner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September