Anelka ridicules `stupid` Juventus exit reports
Piedmont: Juventus striker Nicolas Anelka has branded rumours that he wants to terminate his contract as "stupid".
Le 10 Sport reported that the former Arsenal and Chelsea striker was planning on calling time on his Serie A stint already, suggesting that he is frustrated with a lack of playing time at his new club.
However, the Frenchman angrily denied the rumours and insisted that he has no plans of leaving Antonio Conte`s squad prematurely.
Anelka tweeted: "I never even thought of rescinding my contract with Juventus. Once again 10Sport are spreading stupid reports!"
Anelka joined Juventus in January to provide attacking back-up to Sebastian Giovinco, Mirko Vucinic, Fabio Quagliarella, Alessandro Matri and on-loan Nicklas Bendtner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre