Anelka targets two trophies with Juventus
Rome: Former French international Nicolas Anelka hopes he could end the season with the Italian league title (Scudetto) and the Champions League trophy with Juventus.
The former Chelsea striker joined the Turin giants in January and is hungry for honours.
"I`d like to end my career here as that would mean that I have done well in this experience," he said.
"But what I would really like is to do the double of winning the championship and the European Cup.
Anelka, who signed a six-month contract in Turin, has made just two substitute appearances so far - one in Serie A and one in Europe.
Juve are nine points clear at the top of the table and will take on Bayern Munich in the last eight of the Champions League.
"We can win the Cup," the 34-year-old added. "We are one of the favourites, even if I know how hard the competition is.
"You get one game wrong and you are out," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive