Angola appoint Frenchman Renard as coach
Luanda: Frenchman Herve Renard has been appointed coach of Angola, the country`s soccer federation said on Thursday.
Renard replaces Portuguese coach Manuel Jose, who did not renew his contract after hosts Angola were eliminated in the African Nations Cup quarter-finals in January.
Renard, 41, has signed a two-year contract two days after quitting his job as Zambia coach.
The Frenchman played at Cannes in his homeland before working under compatriot Claude LeRoy in China, England and Ghana.
Renard will not face any competitive action with Angola until the 2012 African Nations Cup qualifiers start in September. Angola were drawn in the same group with Guinea-Bissau, Kenya and Uganda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India