Anigo confident of Bielsa Marseille move
Paris: Marseille interim coach Jose Anigo said on Friday he was confident that Marcelo Bielsa would accept the challenge of replacing him in the OM dugout this summer.
Anigo took charge of the first team in December following the sacking of Elie Baup but will return at the season`s end to his primary role of sporting director.
He has been involved in the search for a new coach and Bielsa, whose last job was in charge of Athletic Bilbao, is the frontrunner having spent the last two weeks in France studying his prospective new employers.
Bielsa has attended Marseille`s last two Ligue 1 games - wins against Ajaccio and Montpellier - but, when asked if he had given a response to the offer of becoming coach at the Stade Velodrome, Anigo replied: "I don`t have an answer, quite honestly."
"I hope he comes, I think he`s a good coach, everyone knows that, and he has the right charisma for a club like ours," added Anigo.
"He is pondering things so much because he wants to have all the elements. He has spent a lot of time here and has seen the structures of the club.
"He will give a response either at the end of this week or next week, and I am convinced it will be positive. I hope so anyway."
Marseille, who host Lille on Sunday, risk missing out on European qualification for next season. The southern club lie sixth in the Ligue 1 table with five games remaining.
Bielsa, 58, made his name as a coach at Newell`s Old Boys in his homeland and went on to coach Argentina before leading Chile at the 2010 World Cup.
He left Athletic at the end of last season after two seasons with the Basque club.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- School dropout biggest crisis in India, says Singapore Deputy PM
- Italy quake death toll hits 278, state funeral planned
- Jigisha killer Ravi Kapoor convicted in taxi-driver murder case
- Records aside, US Open getting personal for Serena Williams
- World Risk Report 2016: India ranks 77th in world disaster risk index