Argentina arrive in Dhaka for football friendly against Nigeria
Dhaka: The Argentine national soccer team in Dhaka on Monday morning ahead of their international friendly match against Nigeria.
Led by superstar Lionel Messi, the Argentine team landed at the Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport in Dhaka at around 11.00 a.m. amid tight security.
Thousands of football fans, including 40 former Bangladeshi footballers, thronged the airport to welcome Messi and his team.
The FIFA international friendly match will take place at the Bangabandhu National Stadium on Tuesday evening.
Fans in the South Asian country will get their first chance to glimpse the soccer stars when they gather for the open training session to be held at the Bangabandhu Stadium at around 6.30 p.m. Monday.
Bangladesh Football Federation (BFF) law and order sub-committee chairman Badal Roy earlier told reporters Sunday that highest security would be given to the two teams at airport, hotel and the stadium.
"Law enforcers have already taken the control of Bangabandhu National Stadium from Sunday and all the shops and federation offices at the stadium will remain closed to ensure the security of the two teams during the practice session and match," Roy was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok