Argentine boy dies after gunmen shoot at busload of fans
Buenos Aires: A 14-year-old soccer fan died after being shot along with two men when their bus was attacked on the way back to Rosario from a match in Buenos Aires, local media reported.
The boy was hit in the head by three bullets in the attack in the early hours of the morning on the motorway linking the capital with Rosario, Argentina`s second city, a Rosario police inspector told local radio.
A man of 28 and another of 42 were also hit but were out of danger. They were part of a coachload of fans returning from their team`s first division match against Huracan in the Buenos Aires district of Parque Patricios on Wednesday night.
Media reported the attack might have been by a rival group of fans of the same team, an increasingly common occurrence in Argentine football as hardcore supporters` groups called "barras bravas" fight turf wars.
They also reported that witnesses said the weapons used were machine guns. Police were still searching for suspects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what