Argentine boy dies after gunmen shoot at busload of fans
Buenos Aires: A 14-year-old soccer fan died after being shot along with two men when their bus was attacked on the way back to Rosario from a match in Buenos Aires, local media reported.
The boy was hit in the head by three bullets in the attack in the early hours of the morning on the motorway linking the capital with Rosario, Argentina`s second city, a Rosario police inspector told local radio.
A man of 28 and another of 42 were also hit but were out of danger. They were part of a coachload of fans returning from their team`s first division match against Huracan in the Buenos Aires district of Parque Patricios on Wednesday night.
Media reported the attack might have been by a rival group of fans of the same team, an increasingly common occurrence in Argentine football as hardcore supporters` groups called "barras bravas" fight turf wars.
They also reported that witnesses said the weapons used were machine guns. Police were still searching for suspects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Seven killed as car rams into minibus in Kenya's Kwale
- Hope law will be passed for construction of Ram temple by PM Narendra Modi-led government: VHP leader Pravin Togadia
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit
- WATCH: How AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya was arrested by Delhi Police amidst high drama during press conference
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat