Argentine midfielder Guinazu signs Vasco deal
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian football giant Vasco da Gama has signed Argentine midfielder Pablo Guinazu on a one-year contract, the Rio de Janeiro club confirmed.
Guinazu completed a medical at Vasco`s Sao Januario headquarters Tuesday, just four days after rescinding his contract with Paraguay`s Libertad, reports Xinhua.
Financial details of the deal were not revealed but the 34-year-old will be tied to the club until July 2015.
"In 18 years as a player and 12 as a coach, I have never met anybody in football as professional as Guinazu," Vasco coach Dorival Junior said Tuesday. "I hope that his time at Vasco is a happy one."
Guinazu played under Dorival at Internacional last season before the player terminated his contract with the Porto Alegre club in January due to unspecified personal reasons.
The holding midfielder began his career with Argentine club Newell`s Old Boys in 1996 and has won 16 caps for Argentina since his international debut in 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?