Arjen Robben`s goal forces bookies to pay seven-figure amount in Bayern Munich win over Borussia Dortmund
London: Bookies were forced to fork out a seven-figure amount after German club Bayern Munich’s narrow 2-1 victory over Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League final.
William Hill paid 250,000 pounds to punters after striker Arjen Robben scored the winning goal against Dortmund at Wembley.
They offered an even money shot on Bayern lifting the trophy and 5-2 on Munich winning the clash and both teams scoring.
William Hill spokesman Joe Crilly said that Bayern have been the best-backed side in the Champions League all season.
Meanwhile, the all-German final sparked more than 4.8 million posts on Twitter.
Robben was the most tweeted about player, with over a million mentions of his name.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered