Arjen Robben`s goal forces bookies to pay seven-figure amount in Bayern Munich win over Borussia Dortmund
London: Bookies were forced to fork out a seven-figure amount after German club Bayern Munich’s narrow 2-1 victory over Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League final.
William Hill paid 250,000 pounds to punters after striker Arjen Robben scored the winning goal against Dortmund at Wembley.
They offered an even money shot on Bayern lifting the trophy and 5-2 on Munich winning the clash and both teams scoring.
William Hill spokesman Joe Crilly said that Bayern have been the best-backed side in the Champions League all season.
Meanwhile, the all-German final sparked more than 4.8 million posts on Twitter.
Robben was the most tweeted about player, with over a million mentions of his name.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on