Arjen Robben`s goal forces bookies to pay seven-figure amount in Bayern Munich win over Borussia Dortmund
London: Bookies were forced to fork out a seven-figure amount after German club Bayern Munich’s narrow 2-1 victory over Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League final.
William Hill paid 250,000 pounds to punters after striker Arjen Robben scored the winning goal against Dortmund at Wembley.
They offered an even money shot on Bayern lifting the trophy and 5-2 on Munich winning the clash and both teams scoring.
William Hill spokesman Joe Crilly said that Bayern have been the best-backed side in the Champions League all season.
Meanwhile, the all-German final sparked more than 4.8 million posts on Twitter.
Robben was the most tweeted about player, with over a million mentions of his name.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read