Arjen Robben`s goal forces bookies to pay seven-figure amount in Bayern Munich win over Borussia Dortmund
London: Bookies were forced to fork out a seven-figure amount after German club Bayern Munich’s narrow 2-1 victory over Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League final.
William Hill paid 250,000 pounds to punters after striker Arjen Robben scored the winning goal against Dortmund at Wembley.
They offered an even money shot on Bayern lifting the trophy and 5-2 on Munich winning the clash and both teams scoring.
William Hill spokesman Joe Crilly said that Bayern have been the best-backed side in the Champions League all season.
Meanwhile, the all-German final sparked more than 4.8 million posts on Twitter.
Robben was the most tweeted about player, with over a million mentions of his name.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended