Arjen Robben`s goal forces bookies to pay seven-figure amount in Bayern Munich win over Borussia Dortmund
London: Bookies were forced to fork out a seven-figure amount after German club Bayern Munich’s narrow 2-1 victory over Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League final.
William Hill paid 250,000 pounds to punters after striker Arjen Robben scored the winning goal against Dortmund at Wembley.
They offered an even money shot on Bayern lifting the trophy and 5-2 on Munich winning the clash and both teams scoring.
William Hill spokesman Joe Crilly said that Bayern have been the best-backed side in the Champions League all season.
Meanwhile, the all-German final sparked more than 4.8 million posts on Twitter.
Robben was the most tweeted about player, with over a million mentions of his name.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister