Arsenal ace Nasri ready to take on Liverpool
London: French and Arsenal mid-fielder Samir Nasri is finally ready to take on Liverpool in a Carling Cup clash, having recovered from a nightmarish injury.
Nasri, 25, broke his right leg at the club`s pre-season training camp in Austria and has spent more than three months on the sidelines.
"I feel good. I was a little bit tired but I am so happy to be back on the pitch. It has been difficult but I was always looking for a speedy recovery. I knew it would be hard but everyone was behind me and helping me," Nasri was quoted as saying.
The France midfielder had also suffered a spell of meningitis before breaking a fibula.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has said that he will start Nasri tonight to give him more much-needed action after he came through a reserve game against Wolves last week.
The Gunners chief said: "It could be a good opportunity for players returning from injury like Samir Nasri.”
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended