Arsenal ace Nasri ready to take on Liverpool
London: French and Arsenal mid-fielder Samir Nasri is finally ready to take on Liverpool in a Carling Cup clash, having recovered from a nightmarish injury.
Nasri, 25, broke his right leg at the club`s pre-season training camp in Austria and has spent more than three months on the sidelines.
"I feel good. I was a little bit tired but I am so happy to be back on the pitch. It has been difficult but I was always looking for a speedy recovery. I knew it would be hard but everyone was behind me and helping me," Nasri was quoted as saying.
The France midfielder had also suffered a spell of meningitis before breaking a fibula.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has said that he will start Nasri tonight to give him more much-needed action after he came through a reserve game against Wolves last week.
The Gunners chief said: "It could be a good opportunity for players returning from injury like Samir Nasri.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- Watch: Akshay Kumar's impressive martial arts session with IPS officers!
- Vinod Kambli defends Salman Khan, advises Gautam Gambhir not to 'become so gam'
- Philippines` Aquino vows to `neutralise` Abu Sayyaf kidnappers
- JEE Main Result 2016 declared; check on cbseresults.nic.in, jeemain.nic.in
- Archery World Cup: Deepika Kumari equals world record in recurve event