Arsenal ace Nasri ready to take on Liverpool
London: French and Arsenal mid-fielder Samir Nasri is finally ready to take on Liverpool in a Carling Cup clash, having recovered from a nightmarish injury.
Nasri, 25, broke his right leg at the club`s pre-season training camp in Austria and has spent more than three months on the sidelines.
"I feel good. I was a little bit tired but I am so happy to be back on the pitch. It has been difficult but I was always looking for a speedy recovery. I knew it would be hard but everyone was behind me and helping me," Nasri was quoted as saying.
The France midfielder had also suffered a spell of meningitis before breaking a fibula.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has said that he will start Nasri tonight to give him more much-needed action after he came through a reserve game against Wolves last week.
The Gunners chief said: "It could be a good opportunity for players returning from injury like Samir Nasri.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...