Arsenal ace Nasri ready to take on Liverpool
London: French and Arsenal mid-fielder Samir Nasri is finally ready to take on Liverpool in a Carling Cup clash, having recovered from a nightmarish injury.
Nasri, 25, broke his right leg at the club`s pre-season training camp in Austria and has spent more than three months on the sidelines.
"I feel good. I was a little bit tired but I am so happy to be back on the pitch. It has been difficult but I was always looking for a speedy recovery. I knew it would be hard but everyone was behind me and helping me," Nasri was quoted as saying.
The France midfielder had also suffered a spell of meningitis before breaking a fibula.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has said that he will start Nasri tonight to give him more much-needed action after he came through a reserve game against Wolves last week.
The Gunners chief said: "It could be a good opportunity for players returning from injury like Samir Nasri.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY