Arsenal are the kind of club who make you dream: Demba Ba
London: The Newcastle United striker has sparked speculation that he could be set to leave St James` Park for the struggling Gunners during the January transfer window.
Newcastle United striker Demba Ba has claimed that a potential move to Arsenal would be the kind of switch that "makes you dream".
The Senegal international is the Magpies` top scorer this season with 11 Premier League goals, only one behind Swansea City`s Michu and Manchester United`s Robin van Persie.
Manager Alan Pardew admitted to concern earlier in December that Ba’s current release clause could see him leave the club – with a fee of around £7 million thought to force Newcastle’s hand – but Ba spoke fondly of Arsenal amid reported interest from the north London outfit.
"Arsenal are one of these teams who make you dream," Ba told Canal+.
"I have nothing to say about the speculation. Nothing is about to happen.
"The press know Arsenal need another striker and also know about my release clause, and make their own mind up about it."
Arsenal have struggled in front of goal so far this season following the departure of last season`s top scorer Van Persie to rivals Manchester United, and could be set for a busy transfer market after Goal.com exclusively revealed on Tuesday that manager Arsene Wenger has been given £50m to rejuvenate his squad in January.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test