Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger desperate to sign Karim Benzema in January
London: Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has asked to be kept informed of Real Madrid`s French forward Karim Benzema`s availability ahead of potentially making a fresh bid for the striker in January.
According to SportsMole.co.uk, the Gunners manager is desperate to add another forward to his table-topping squad after failing to sign any notable competition for Olivier Giroud in the previous transfer window.
He has always been a big admirer of Benzema, who snubbed Arsenal`s interest in him in the summer, but he may be more open to a switch to the Emirates Stadium now, the report said.
The Frenchman has never been a favourite of the Madrid fans, and Mesut Ozil`s arrival in London makes moving to Wenger`s side, now seen as genuine Premier League challengers, a more attractive proposition, the report added.
Benzema has 18 months left on his Santiago Bernabeu contract, and will likely only be allowed to leave if Los Blancos are successful in their pursuit of Liverpool forward Luis Suarez, according to the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH