Arsenal boss Wenger given go-ahead to splash 40 mln pounds to reel in Suarez
London: Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has reportedly given the green light to break the bank and spend 40 million pounds on controversial Liverpool striker Luis Suarez and the club is confident that Suarez will quit Liverpool for a sensational move to the Emirates.
Even though the Uruguayan is Wenger`s No1 choice despite also having Gonzalo Higuain and Wayne Rooney on his radar, Liverpool however, has insisted that Suarez is not for sale.
The report said that the Anfield giants have already rejected one approach for Arsenal after claiming that their valuation of a 35 million-pound package was not enough even though Suarez has a 40 million-pound clause in his contract, which may entitle him to leave if any club matches the price.
However, the report mentioned that the Arsenal board has allowed Wenger access to 70 million pounds transfer funds and made it clear that if he wants to spend the majority on Suarez, they will back his judgement.
However, Liverpool is adamant that they are not obliged to sell Suarez, with manager Brendan Rodgers saying that he expected the footballer to stay until something `drastic` happens, adding that he is looking forward to working again with Suarez this season.
Dismissing speculations of Suarez moving to another club, Rodgers further said that they had an offer that was nowhere near what they valued Suarez given that he is one of the top strikers in the world, adding that he has three years left on his contract and should use them to help Liverpool get into the Champions League spots.
Suarez was named in Liverpool`s 27-man squad for their pre-season tour of Indonesia, Australia and Thailand, although he is one of three players joining the party later in the tour following Confederations Cup duty, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi