Arsenal can cope if Van Persie leaves: Thierry Henry
London: Arsenal legend Thierry Henry hopes Robin van Persie stays at the club but believes the Gunners are more than capable of coping if the forward departs.
Van Persie, 28, has been heavily linked with a move away after revealing a desire to leave the club earlier in the summer, with Manchester United, Manchester City and Serie A giants Juventus all interested in a move for the Dutchman.
Gunners boss Arsene Wenger remains hopeful of holding on to his star striker but Henry is unsure whether the player will remain at the club.
"We hope he stays and that`s the way it is," the Frenchman said.
"I don`t know exactly what is happening but as an Arsenal fan I want him to stay.”
"He is still an Arsenal player and the boss has to deal with it. I just want Arsenal to do well. Robin will do what he will do and we`ll see.”
"When I left, everybody cried, but then the year after they went on a run of being eight points ahead. Everyone comes and goes."
Van Persie has less than a year remaining on his existing contract with the Gunners and has insisted he does not intend to extend his deal beyond the end of the current season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir