Arsenal captain Thomas Vermaelen says still has future at club
London: Arsenal captain Thomas Vermaelen has insisted that he is not looking for a transfer and still has a future at the club.
Although the Belgian footballer has found himself on the substitute`s bench since being dropped for the Champions League win in Bayern Munich back in March, he was recalled to the starting XI for the first time in the Premier League this season for Sunday`s 1-0 loss to Manchester United.
According to Metro.co.uk, Vermaelen is now hoping to re-establish himself in Arsene Wenger`s side after his accomplished show on Sunday, and he insisted that he is not looking to quit the club during the January transfer window.
Stating that he is still confident that he can play for Arsenal, Vermaelen, who needs first-team football to cement his place in the World Cup squad, said that he is still focused on Arsenal and is always positive, adding that he is happy that his side is on the top of the Premier League.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi