Arsenal confirm Mathieu Flamini’s return
Arsenal have confirmed that midfielder Mathieu Flamini has rejoined the club.
The midfielder has returned to north London after a spell with AC Milan and manager Arsene Wenger says the Frenchman is a "good addition to our squad"
Goal understands the Frenchman has signed a two-year deal at the Emirates Stadium worth £50,000 a week, with his contract including an option for a third year.
The midfielder left the Gunners for AC Milan in 2008, making 122 apperances for the Serie A side before being released at the end of last season.
Manager Arsene Wenger says he is delighted that the Frenchman has returned to Arsenal, becoming the club`s second signing of the summer alongside Yaya Sanogo.
"We’re very pleased Mathieu has agreed to re-join us," Wenger told the club`s official website.
"He is a player of real quality, with a fantastic work rate and great mentality.
"As we know, Mathieu is a strong midfielder, but is also is comfortable playing in defence too. He is a very good addition to our squad."
Flamini won the FA Cup during his first spell at Arsenal as well as helping the Gunners reach the Champions League final in 2006, where they lost 1-0 to Barcelona.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh