Arsenal dealt Aaron Ramsey blow for north London derby
LONDON: Aaron Ramsey`s return for Arsenal has been put on hold with the Welshman still not fully recovered from the thigh injury that has sidelined him since December.
With a growing injury list manager Arsene Wenger had hoped Ramsey, Arsenal`s star performer earlier in the season, would be fit for Sunday`s vital north London derby at Tottenham Hotspur.
"We have had to defer his comeback to full training a little so he is not available," Wenger said on Thursday.
"He is having difficulties in the final stages of his rehab. It looks to be short-term."
Record signing Mesut Ozil is also ruled out with a hamstring injury sustained in the Champions League defeat exit against Bayern Munich in midweek.
Theo Walcott and Jack Wilshere are also long-term absentees, putting a huge strain on Arsenal`s resources as they try and stay in the Premier League title race.
"(Ozil) is out. I don`t know for how long but it is a hamstring injury. There are scans going on," Wenger said.
By the time third-placed Arsenal face Spurs on Sunday they could find themselves 10 points behind leaders Chelsea who are in action against Aston Villa on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir