Arsenal defender Carl Jenkinson loaned out to West Ham United
London: West Ham signed Arsenal defender Carl Jenkinson on a season-long loan on Thursday becoming the Hammers` sixth new face this summer.
Jenkinson, 22, joined Arsenal from Charlton in 2011 and earned his only England cap against Sweden 18 months later.
"I`m clearly seen as a big part of things here and hopefully I can prove my worth because it is an important year for me," said Jenkinson, who joins Mauro Zarate, Enner Valencia, Cheikhou Kouyate, Aaron Cresswell and Diego Poyet in a new-look West Ham squad.
"I was flattered to have a lot of options but deep down, if I was being honest with myself, West Ham was always the place I wanted to go to."
"It`s one of them where I wanted to do the right professional thing and consider all the options, but in the back of my mind it was always West Ham and I`m just so glad it`s all worked out how I wanted it to in the end."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional