Arsenal defender Carl Jenkinson loaned out to West Ham United
London: West Ham signed Arsenal defender Carl Jenkinson on a season-long loan on Thursday becoming the Hammers` sixth new face this summer.
Jenkinson, 22, joined Arsenal from Charlton in 2011 and earned his only England cap against Sweden 18 months later.
"I`m clearly seen as a big part of things here and hopefully I can prove my worth because it is an important year for me," said Jenkinson, who joins Mauro Zarate, Enner Valencia, Cheikhou Kouyate, Aaron Cresswell and Diego Poyet in a new-look West Ham squad.
"I was flattered to have a lot of options but deep down, if I was being honest with myself, West Ham was always the place I wanted to go to."
"It`s one of them where I wanted to do the right professional thing and consider all the options, but in the back of my mind it was always West Ham and I`m just so glad it`s all worked out how I wanted it to in the end."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon