Arsenal defender Carl Jenkinson loaned out to West Ham United
London: West Ham signed Arsenal defender Carl Jenkinson on a season-long loan on Thursday becoming the Hammers` sixth new face this summer.
Jenkinson, 22, joined Arsenal from Charlton in 2011 and earned his only England cap against Sweden 18 months later.
"I`m clearly seen as a big part of things here and hopefully I can prove my worth because it is an important year for me," said Jenkinson, who joins Mauro Zarate, Enner Valencia, Cheikhou Kouyate, Aaron Cresswell and Diego Poyet in a new-look West Ham squad.
"I was flattered to have a lot of options but deep down, if I was being honest with myself, West Ham was always the place I wanted to go to."
"It`s one of them where I wanted to do the right professional thing and consider all the options, but in the back of my mind it was always West Ham and I`m just so glad it`s all worked out how I wanted it to in the end."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed