Arsenal defender Carl Jenkinson loaned out to West Ham United
London: West Ham signed Arsenal defender Carl Jenkinson on a season-long loan on Thursday becoming the Hammers` sixth new face this summer.
Jenkinson, 22, joined Arsenal from Charlton in 2011 and earned his only England cap against Sweden 18 months later.
"I`m clearly seen as a big part of things here and hopefully I can prove my worth because it is an important year for me," said Jenkinson, who joins Mauro Zarate, Enner Valencia, Cheikhou Kouyate, Aaron Cresswell and Diego Poyet in a new-look West Ham squad.
"I was flattered to have a lot of options but deep down, if I was being honest with myself, West Ham was always the place I wanted to go to."
"It`s one of them where I wanted to do the right professional thing and consider all the options, but in the back of my mind it was always West Ham and I`m just so glad it`s all worked out how I wanted it to in the end."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof