Arsenal defender Santos wants permanent Gremio deal
Rio de Janeiro: Arsenal defender Andre Santos says he wants to turn his loan spell at Gremio into a permanent move.
The 30-year-old has been in impressive form since joining the Brazilian top-flight football outfit last month on a 12-month deal.
Santos initially expressed a desire to return to the London club but now appears to have changed his mind.
"I`ll do my best to win titles at Gremio. I have won titles at every club I have played for," he said. "The staff, board and the players have all made me feel very welcome. There is no doubt that I want to stay."
Santos has made just 23 first-team appearances for the Gunners since his 2011 move from Turkey`s Fenerbahce. He has also won 22 caps for Brazil, the last coming during the 2011 Copa America tournament in Argentina.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof