Arsenal defender Santos wants permanent Gremio deal
Rio de Janeiro: Arsenal defender Andre Santos says he wants to turn his loan spell at Gremio into a permanent move.
The 30-year-old has been in impressive form since joining the Brazilian top-flight football outfit last month on a 12-month deal.
Santos initially expressed a desire to return to the London club but now appears to have changed his mind.
"I`ll do my best to win titles at Gremio. I have won titles at every club I have played for," he said. "The staff, board and the players have all made me feel very welcome. There is no doubt that I want to stay."
Santos has made just 23 first-team appearances for the Gunners since his 2011 move from Turkey`s Fenerbahce. He has also won 22 caps for Brazil, the last coming during the 2011 Copa America tournament in Argentina.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot