Arsenal defender Vermaelen suffers suspected broken leg
London: Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen suffered a suspected broken leg during the goalless draw at Aston Villa in the Premier League.
The 24-year-old Belgiium international, who has made a huge impact at the Emirates after his move from Ajax Amsterdam last year, limped off after 35 minutes.
"His leg is numb, it might be a nerve, or it might be a fracture of the fibula, we hope not, but we will check it in the morning," Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger told reporters.
Vermaelen scored on his league debut for Arsenal in the season-opening 6-1 win at Everton and has netted six goals in 31 appearances for the club.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview