Arsenal eyeing Anderlecht’s Lukaku
London: Premier League giants Arsenal have pitched a 14 million pound bid for Anderlecht’s Romelu Lukaku.
Lukaku`s agent Christophe Henrotay met Arsenal officials in London yesterday. He was then expected to fly to Portugal where the Belgian club is based during pre-season, to talk to the teenager, a leading daily reported.
Chelsea were hot favourites to land the 6ft 3in starlet, who is rated one of the top young players in Europe.
Lukaku has hit 31 goals in just 71 games for Anderlecht and has already played nine times for Belgium’s national side.
Anderlecht is reportedly prepared to let him go for less than their 18 million pound asking price.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore