Arsenal fans blast Nasri for turning down deal
London: Arsenal fans have criticized midfielder Samir Nasri for rejecting a 90,000-pound-a-week deal offered by Gunners manager Arsene Wenger.
Arsenal`s faithful are angry Nasri has snubbed the money on offer at the Emirates, knowing Manchester City will double his wages in a 22 million pound switch, a daily reports.
The Frenchman said on Twitter: "I heard what the fans were singing about me on Saturday. It is really disrespectful. I`m still an Arsenal player."
But he then walked into another row when Tim Payton from the Arsenal Supporters Trust said: "Nasri`s tweets are inappropriate. “
As Wenger has said, only players committed to Arsenal should play for the team.
"As he clearly isn`t committed, he needs to leave. Arsenal are bigger than any one player," Payton added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured