Arsenal fans blast Nasri for turning down deal
London: Arsenal fans have criticized midfielder Samir Nasri for rejecting a 90,000-pound-a-week deal offered by Gunners manager Arsene Wenger.
Arsenal`s faithful are angry Nasri has snubbed the money on offer at the Emirates, knowing Manchester City will double his wages in a 22 million pound switch, a daily reports.
The Frenchman said on Twitter: "I heard what the fans were singing about me on Saturday. It is really disrespectful. I`m still an Arsenal player."
But he then walked into another row when Tim Payton from the Arsenal Supporters Trust said: "Nasri`s tweets are inappropriate. “
As Wenger has said, only players committed to Arsenal should play for the team.
"As he clearly isn`t committed, he needs to leave. Arsenal are bigger than any one player," Payton added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29