Arsenal fans blast Nasri for turning down deal
London: Arsenal fans have criticized midfielder Samir Nasri for rejecting a 90,000-pound-a-week deal offered by Gunners manager Arsene Wenger.
Arsenal`s faithful are angry Nasri has snubbed the money on offer at the Emirates, knowing Manchester City will double his wages in a 22 million pound switch, a daily reports.
The Frenchman said on Twitter: "I heard what the fans were singing about me on Saturday. It is really disrespectful. I`m still an Arsenal player."
But he then walked into another row when Tim Payton from the Arsenal Supporters Trust said: "Nasri`s tweets are inappropriate. “
As Wenger has said, only players committed to Arsenal should play for the team.
"As he clearly isn`t committed, he needs to leave. Arsenal are bigger than any one player," Payton added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert