Arsenal fans vent their fury against Robin van Persie`s wife on Twitter
London: Angered over the transfer of Robin van Persie to Manchester United, Arsenal fans vented their fury on the striker`s wife.
Van Persie`s wife Bouchra, 28, was blitzed with abusive Twitter messages after the 24 million pound deal.
Van Persie, 29, was yesterday in Manchester undergoing a medical prior to signing a four-year contract that will net him more than 200,000 pounds a week.
While some fans posted videos of them burning their van Persie shirts on YouTube, many directed their fury at Bouchra.
The mum-of-two was branded a gold-digger and threatened by sick supporters blaming her for the switch to their title rivals, The Daily Star reports.
Angelo_156 Tweeted: "I wish death upon you. I hate you, you scumbag. I hope your whole family drops dead.
Diarmuid Boylan wrote: "You f***ing bitch. I hope your car gets robbed in Manchester!" Fadln called her a "gold digger". Arsalan_Tweet wrote: "P*ss off to Manchester. Enjoy the extra £££££.
Hiuyan0806 tweeted: "Tell your hubby that he is the biggest betrayal in Arsenal history at all times. He won`t get away from it.
Three months ago Bouchra said she hoped the footballer would stay in London to avoid disrupting the children`s schooling.
But the abuse horrified many other Arsenal fans who tweeted support for Bouchra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shutdown over 'sainik colony' affects life in Kashmir
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results declared, check www.tseamcet.in
- Bollywood actress Jacqueline supports UN campaign against illegal wildlife trade
- Rani Mukerji, daughter Adira's Paris trip turns into a family affair! – Know why
- Salman Khan in and as 'Sultan' grabs 'Fastest 5 Million' views—Watch here!