Arsenal forward Arshavin rejoins Zenit on loan
London: Russia captain Andrei Arshavin has rejoined Zenit St Petersburg from Arsenal on loan until the end of the season, the 30-year-old forward said on Friday.
"I have transferred to Zenit. On loan. The details tomorrow when you wake up," the player said on his official website.
Arsenal paid Zenit some 15 million pounds for Arshavin in January 2009.
After excelling for the first couple of years in London, Arshavin has struggled to break into the Premier League side`s first team this season. His last game was on Tuesday when he played for Arsenal`s reserve team, scoring twice in a 5-0 win over Norwich City.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption