Arsenal forward Arshavin rejoins Zenit on loan
London: Russia captain Andrei Arshavin has rejoined Zenit St Petersburg from Arsenal on loan until the end of the season, the 30-year-old forward said on Friday.
"I have transferred to Zenit. On loan. The details tomorrow when you wake up," the player said on his official website.
Arsenal paid Zenit some 15 million pounds for Arshavin in January 2009.
After excelling for the first couple of years in London, Arshavin has struggled to break into the Premier League side`s first team this season. His last game was on Tuesday when he played for Arsenal`s reserve team, scoring twice in a 5-0 win over Norwich City.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Iraq forces retake key town south of Mosul
- Pak asks world community to play role to resolve Kashmir issue
- NASA astronaut Jeff Williams goes click-click as US National Park Service celebrates centennial!
- Fire alarm forces AI to divert Mumbai-Newark flight
- Canada reaffirms support for India's NSG membership bid