Arsenal go top with Ramsey on target again
London: Arsenal moved top of the Premier League with a 3-1 defeat of Stoke City with in-form midfielder Aaron Ramsey again providing the spark on Sunday.
Ramsey fired Arsenal ahead after five minutes and although Stoke equalised through American Geoff Cameron, goals from Per Mertesacker and Bacary Sagna sealed a seventh consecutive win in all competitions for Arsene Wenger`s side.
Welshman Ramsey has scored seven goals in eight matches this season and his early goal helped nullify the loss of Theo Walcott who was injured in the warm-up.
Swansea City followed up a notable 3-0 Europa League win in Valencia in midweek with a 2-0 victory at Crystal Palace that moved Michael Laudrup`s side into mid-table.
After losing on the opening day of the season at home to Aston Villa, Arsenal have won four successive league games and lead the table with 12 points, two ahead of Chelsea and Liverpool and three more than Tottenham Hotspur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore