Arsenal go top with Ramsey on target again
London: Arsenal moved top of the Premier League with a 3-1 defeat of Stoke City with in-form midfielder Aaron Ramsey again providing the spark on Sunday.
Ramsey fired Arsenal ahead after five minutes and although Stoke equalised through American Geoff Cameron, goals from Per Mertesacker and Bacary Sagna sealed a seventh consecutive win in all competitions for Arsene Wenger`s side.
Welshman Ramsey has scored seven goals in eight matches this season and his early goal helped nullify the loss of Theo Walcott who was injured in the warm-up.
Swansea City followed up a notable 3-0 Europa League win in Valencia in midweek with a 2-0 victory at Crystal Palace that moved Michael Laudrup`s side into mid-table.
After losing on the opening day of the season at home to Aston Villa, Arsenal have won four successive league games and lead the table with 12 points, two ahead of Chelsea and Liverpool and three more than Tottenham Hotspur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party: 'Helicopter kya tumhare baap ka hai?' - Why Shivpal Yadav asked this to a man in audience