Arsenal linked with Germany defender Mertesacker
Berlin: Werder Bremen central defender Per Mertesacker is negotiating a possible move to a foreign club and has been given a day off international duties to hold talks, Germany coach Joachim Loew said on Tuesday.
German media have reported Mertesacker could be close to a transfer to Arsenal, who were crushed 8-2 by Manchester United on Sunday, but Werder have refused to comment.
"Last night I told the player I am giving you a free day and I expect he will come back this evening. I know there was a specific offer from a club," Loew told reporters as his side prepared for Friday`s Euro 2012 qualifier against Austria.
The Germany coach refused to disclose which team Mertesacker was negotiating with.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place