Arsenal maintains top position in EPL after Hull City win
Johannesburg: After beating Hull City by 2-0, Nicklas Bendtner and Mesut Ozil allowed Arsenal to maintain their four-point advantage at the top of the Premier League table.
The hosts made five changes from the side that had won 3-0 at Cardiff City on Saturday, replacing injured Bacary Sagna with Carl Jenkinson, and allowing Mikel Arteta, Kieran Gibbs, Jack Wilshere and Olivier Giroud to rest on the bench.
According to Sports24, Hull, winners at the Emirates in September 2008, made two alterations to the side that beat Liverpool 3-1 on Sunday.
Aaron Ramsey`s pass allowed Jenkinson to launch a cross from the right and the Denmark forward timed his run perfectly to head it past Allan McGregor in the Hull goal.
Arsenal had the last chance of the half and Ozil headed a Bendtner cross wide, but he doubled the scoring within two second-half minutes.
The report said that Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny was hurt when Sagbo slid in and caught his head but he was soon able to continue and the Pole saved a shot from Jake Livermore shortly afterwards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites