Arsenal midfielder Samir Nasri to avoid ban: Report
London: Arsenal midfielder Samir Nasri is set to avoid a three-match ban after appearing to stamp on Richard Garcia during Arsenal’s 3-0 Premier League victory over Hull City at the weekend.
The Guardian reports that the Football Association has decided against handing out a punishment as match official Steve Bennett told authorities, upon reviewing video footage of the incident, that he would have only given Nasri a yellow card.
Hull’s own Nick Barmby, who raised his hands to Nasri, will also escape a ban, but both clubs are likely to be charged with failure to control their players and fines are expected to be issued in the next few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!