Arsenal midfielder Samir Nasri to avoid ban: Report
London: Arsenal midfielder Samir Nasri is set to avoid a three-match ban after appearing to stamp on Richard Garcia during Arsenal’s 3-0 Premier League victory over Hull City at the weekend.
The Guardian reports that the Football Association has decided against handing out a punishment as match official Steve Bennett told authorities, upon reviewing video footage of the incident, that he would have only given Nasri a yellow card.
Hull’s own Nick Barmby, who raised his hands to Nasri, will also escape a ban, but both clubs are likely to be charged with failure to control their players and fines are expected to be issued in the next few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation