Arsenal midfielder Wilshere given two-match ban
London: Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere was banned for two matches by the English Football Association Thursday for making offensive gesture in a Premier League match.
The England international raised his middle finger toward Manchester City fans during Saturday`s game at Etihad Stadium, which Arsenal lost 6-3, reported Xinhua.
The ban will make him miss league matches against Chelsea Monday and West Ham Dec 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users