Arsenal midfielder Wilshere given two-match ban
London: Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere was banned for two matches by the English Football Association Thursday for making offensive gesture in a Premier League match.
The England international raised his middle finger toward Manchester City fans during Saturday`s game at Etihad Stadium, which Arsenal lost 6-3, reported Xinhua.
The ban will make him miss league matches against Chelsea Monday and West Ham Dec 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read