Arsenal midfielder Wilshere given two-match ban
London: Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere was banned for two matches by the English Football Association Thursday for making offensive gesture in a Premier League match.
The England international raised his middle finger toward Manchester City fans during Saturday`s game at Etihad Stadium, which Arsenal lost 6-3, reported Xinhua.
The ban will make him miss league matches against Chelsea Monday and West Ham Dec 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?