Arsenal midfielder Wilshere given two-match ban
London: Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere was banned for two matches by the English Football Association Thursday for making offensive gesture in a Premier League match.
The England international raised his middle finger toward Manchester City fans during Saturday`s game at Etihad Stadium, which Arsenal lost 6-3, reported Xinhua.
The ban will make him miss league matches against Chelsea Monday and West Ham Dec 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan