Arsenal ready to splash cash for more star signings after Ozil
Johannesburg: Premier League leaders Arsenal have said that they are willing to spend even more on their squad after making a record signing of German playmaker Mesut Ozil.
According to Sport24, the arrival of Ozil for 42.5 million pounds at the start of the month, has lifted the mood among supporters angry at the departure of striker Robin van Persie and Cesc Fabregas over the past two years.
Arsenal have not won a trophy since 2005 and some fans of the north London club had questioned the club`s ambition under Stan Kroenke, the American sports entrepreneur who is its majority shareholder, the report said.
Arsenal`s chairman Chips Keswick said that when boss Arsene Wenger decides it is the right time to invest again, the board will be delighted to support him.
Keswick said Arsenal would stick to their principles of running a financially sustainable club and developing young players but said their ambition should not be questioned, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers