Arsenal ready to splash cash for more star signings after Ozil
Johannesburg: Premier League leaders Arsenal have said that they are willing to spend even more on their squad after making a record signing of German playmaker Mesut Ozil.
According to Sport24, the arrival of Ozil for 42.5 million pounds at the start of the month, has lifted the mood among supporters angry at the departure of striker Robin van Persie and Cesc Fabregas over the past two years.
Arsenal have not won a trophy since 2005 and some fans of the north London club had questioned the club`s ambition under Stan Kroenke, the American sports entrepreneur who is its majority shareholder, the report said.
Arsenal`s chairman Chips Keswick said that when boss Arsene Wenger decides it is the right time to invest again, the board will be delighted to support him.
Keswick said Arsenal would stick to their principles of running a financially sustainable club and developing young players but said their ambition should not be questioned, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama