Arsenal ready to splash cash for more star signings after Ozil
Johannesburg: Premier League leaders Arsenal have said that they are willing to spend even more on their squad after making a record signing of German playmaker Mesut Ozil.
According to Sport24, the arrival of Ozil for 42.5 million pounds at the start of the month, has lifted the mood among supporters angry at the departure of striker Robin van Persie and Cesc Fabregas over the past two years.
Arsenal have not won a trophy since 2005 and some fans of the north London club had questioned the club`s ambition under Stan Kroenke, the American sports entrepreneur who is its majority shareholder, the report said.
Arsenal`s chairman Chips Keswick said that when boss Arsene Wenger decides it is the right time to invest again, the board will be delighted to support him.
Keswick said Arsenal would stick to their principles of running a financially sustainable club and developing young players but said their ambition should not be questioned, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster