Arsenal ready to splash cash for more star signings after Ozil
Johannesburg: Premier League leaders Arsenal have said that they are willing to spend even more on their squad after making a record signing of German playmaker Mesut Ozil.
According to Sport24, the arrival of Ozil for 42.5 million pounds at the start of the month, has lifted the mood among supporters angry at the departure of striker Robin van Persie and Cesc Fabregas over the past two years.
Arsenal have not won a trophy since 2005 and some fans of the north London club had questioned the club`s ambition under Stan Kroenke, the American sports entrepreneur who is its majority shareholder, the report said.
Arsenal`s chairman Chips Keswick said that when boss Arsene Wenger decides it is the right time to invest again, the board will be delighted to support him.
Keswick said Arsenal would stick to their principles of running a financially sustainable club and developing young players but said their ambition should not be questioned, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city