Arsenal`s Arshavin still dreaming of Barcelona
London: Arsenal forward Andrei Arshavin, a long-time Barcelona fan, still dreams of playing for the Spanish giants one day, the Russian international has said.
"Even playing just one season for Barcelona would make a pinnacle of my whole career," Arshavin, who missed Arsenal`s 6-3 aggregate defeat by Barcelona earlier this month with a calf injury, told a newspaper on Tuesday.
"Barca are the best team in the world and I enjoy their style of play so much. But after watching them against Arsenal (in the Champions League quarter-finals) the enjoyment has quickly turned into sorrow."
"They are so much better than anybody else at the moment."
Asked why Barcelona were beaten 3-1 by Inter Milan in the first leg of their Champions League semi-final, Arshavin said: "It`s all (Jose) Mourinho`s magic. He is a genius."
"I think there are three coaches who are the best in the world -- (England manager) Fabio Capello, Jose Mourinho and (former Russia manager) Guus Hiddink. If I would pick a coach for the Russian national team, I`d want one of them to be our boss," he added.
"(Arsenal manager) Arsene Wenger is also a good coach but not for Russia."
Arshavin, who turns 29 next month, could have easily ended up in the Catalan capital instead of London following his impressive performances at Euro 2008, where he helped Russia to the semi-finals.
Barcelona`s bid for the gifted playmaker was rejected by Zenit St Petersburg in July, 2008, before he joined Arsenal in January last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh