Arsenal`s Jack Wilshere needs surgery, out for months
London: Arsenal`s stuttering start to the season has suffered another blow with midfielder Jack Wilshere requiring surgery on his troublesome ankle injury that will force him to spend months on the sidelines.
Wilshere will have surgery on Monday after the stress fracture he suffered in his right ankle in a pre-season friendly in July failed to heal naturally.
The Premier League club defended their decision not to send the player for surgery sooner.
"Throughout Jack`s injury, the club has been guided by the continuous advice of several world-renowned specialists," a statement on the club`s website said late on Friday.
"The information attained this week has led to the conclusion that surgery is now required to gain an optimal response."
The 13-times English champions said a more detailed timescale for Wilshere`s return would be decided after the surgery on his right ankle.
Arsenal have struggled without the talented central midfielder, slumping to an 8-2 loss to rivals Manchester United to sit 17th in the Premier League ahead of Saturday`s home fixture against Bolton Wanderers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog