Arsenal`s Mathieu Flamini faces up to three weeks on sidelines
London: Arsenal midfielder Mathieu Flamini could be out for two to three weeks, missing a run of hugely significant games, after injuring his groin in Saturday`s 2-0 Premier League win at Crystal Palace.
The 29-year-old, who has played superbly since rejoining the London club in August, is definitely out of Tuesday`s Capital One (League) Cup tie at home to Chelsea and for Saturday`s Premier League visit of Liverpool.
"When we get the (scan) results we will know how long he will be out," said manager Arsene Wenger. "It doesn`t look like a bad muscle injury but it is his groin."
Groin injuries normally take two to three weeks to heal.
The French international could also miss the Champions League game at Borussia Dortmund on November 6 and the Premier League match at Manchester United on November 10.
Flamini has been widely praised for the impact he has had on the side since leaving AC Milan on a free transfer, with Arsenal unbeaten in any game he has played in.
Spaniard Mikel Arteta, who was sent off against Palace, is suspended for the Chelsea match but will be available when the Premier League leaders meet Liverpool.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof