Arsenal`s Mathieu Flamini faces up to three weeks on sidelines
London: Arsenal midfielder Mathieu Flamini could be out for two to three weeks, missing a run of hugely significant games, after injuring his groin in Saturday`s 2-0 Premier League win at Crystal Palace.
The 29-year-old, who has played superbly since rejoining the London club in August, is definitely out of Tuesday`s Capital One (League) Cup tie at home to Chelsea and for Saturday`s Premier League visit of Liverpool.
"When we get the (scan) results we will know how long he will be out," said manager Arsene Wenger. "It doesn`t look like a bad muscle injury but it is his groin."
Groin injuries normally take two to three weeks to heal.
The French international could also miss the Champions League game at Borussia Dortmund on November 6 and the Premier League match at Manchester United on November 10.
Flamini has been widely praised for the impact he has had on the side since leaving AC Milan on a free transfer, with Arsenal unbeaten in any game he has played in.
Spaniard Mikel Arteta, who was sent off against Palace, is suspended for the Chelsea match but will be available when the Premier League leaders meet Liverpool.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip