Arsenal`s Nasri sidelined with broken leg
Vienna: Arsenal and French international midfielder Samir Nasri has been ruled out of action for six to eight weeks after breaking his leg in training on Tuesday.
Nasri broke his right fibula during a training match at Arsenal`s summer camp in Bad Waltersdorf, in southeastern Austria, said Andreas Neubauer, a spokesman for camp organiser International Football Camps Styria (IFCS).
The 22-year-old Frenchman, who has 15 international caps, was taken to hospital in nearby Hartberg for tests.
He is now set to miss France`s next World Cup qualifying match against the Faroe Islands on August 12.
The young Gunner, who joined Arsene Wenger`s team last year from French side Marseille, could also miss two further qualifiers again Romania on September 5 and Serbia on September 9.
Arsenal arrived at their training camp on Monday and were due to play a friendly against local side Columbia Floridsdorf on Tuesday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre