Arsenal set to offer club legend Thierry Henry two-month loan deal
London: Thierry Henry is set to be offered the chance to return to Arsenal on a two-month loan deal. Henry, now with the New York Red Bulls, has been training with the Gunners in a bid to maintain his fitness during the MLS off-season, and has reportedly impressed former boss Arsene Wenger with his sharpness and attitude.
Wenger is widely believed to be targeting attacking reinforcements in January, both to cover the imminent departures of Gervinho and Marouane Chamakh to the Africa Cup of Nations, and to lessen the scoring burden on in-form but injury-prone skipper Robin van Persie.
FC Koln striker Lukas Podolski has also been widely linked with a move to the Emirates Stadium in the New Year, but Wenger is believed to have decided a short-term deal to bring back club legend Henry represents less of a gamble.
Henry, now 34, remains Arsenal’s all-time record goalscorer with 226 goals to his name between 1999 and 2007, and his outstanding contribution was recently honoured with the unveiling of a statue outside the Emirates Stadium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof