Arsenal sign Sanogo from Auxerre
Paris: Arsenal have completed the signing of Yaya Sanogo from Auxerre.
The France Under-21 international arrives on a free transfer at the end of his contract with the Ligue 2 side, becoming the Gunners` first recruit of the summer on a "long-term" deal.
"Sanogo is a good young signing for us," manager Arsene Wenger told the club`s official website.
"He has shown that he has potential with his recent performances for Auxerre and also for the France Under-20s side. We are looking forward to Yaya joining us and continuing his promising development."
The youngster will link up with the Arsenal squad for training at the end of his involvement in the Under-20s World Cup in Turkey, having scored two goals as France progressed from the group stage.
Sanogo scored 11 goals in 24 games for Auxerre after coming up through the academy ranks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city