Arsenal sign Sanogo from Auxerre
Paris: Arsenal have completed the signing of Yaya Sanogo from Auxerre.
The France Under-21 international arrives on a free transfer at the end of his contract with the Ligue 2 side, becoming the Gunners` first recruit of the summer on a "long-term" deal.
"Sanogo is a good young signing for us," manager Arsene Wenger told the club`s official website.
"He has shown that he has potential with his recent performances for Auxerre and also for the France Under-20s side. We are looking forward to Yaya joining us and continuing his promising development."
The youngster will link up with the Arsenal squad for training at the end of his involvement in the Under-20s World Cup in Turkey, having scored two goals as France progressed from the group stage.
Sanogo scored 11 goals in 24 games for Auxerre after coming up through the academy ranks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'