Arsenal sign Sanogo from Auxerre
Paris: Arsenal have completed the signing of Yaya Sanogo from Auxerre.
The France Under-21 international arrives on a free transfer at the end of his contract with the Ligue 2 side, becoming the Gunners` first recruit of the summer on a "long-term" deal.
"Sanogo is a good young signing for us," manager Arsene Wenger told the club`s official website.
"He has shown that he has potential with his recent performances for Auxerre and also for the France Under-20s side. We are looking forward to Yaya joining us and continuing his promising development."
The youngster will link up with the Arsenal squad for training at the end of his involvement in the Under-20s World Cup in Turkey, having scored two goals as France progressed from the group stage.
Sanogo scored 11 goals in 24 games for Auxerre after coming up through the academy ranks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deaths in rehabilitation home: Raje govt suspends erring officials
- IPL 9: Gujarat Lions vs Kings XI Punjab – Probable playing XIs; players to watch out for
- WATCH: You ripper! Unplayable magic ball leaves master batsman VVS Laxman completely exposed!
- IPL 2016, Match 30: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders - Preview
- Sebi to up vigil to check misuse of investor money by brokers