Arsenal to stick with Wenger despite 6 in 10 fans wanting him out
London: Arsenal is reportedly not ready to pull the contract they have offered to current boss Arsene Wenger at the end of the season, even though 63 percent of the fans want him to walk away this summer.
The club has agreed to an extension to Wenger`s contract, whose term as Arsenal`s manager ends this summer, but the current boss is delaying his signing until the season end.
According to Metro.co.uk, 63 percent of more than 4,000 readers want Wenger to quit this summer and Arsenal`s failure to win the FA Cup and qualify for the Champions League could make the Frenchman`s position shaky among fans.
Despite growing uncertainty from within the club over Wenger`s decision to continue if the season ends badly for the club, the board members are reportedly backing his reign and not thinking about withdrawing their offer.
Arsenal face Wigan Athletic in the FA Cup semi-final on Saturday, and if they win they would go up against either Hull City or Sheffield United at Wembley, while the Champions League fate is now out of their hands after the 3-0 defeat to Everton, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues