Arsenal to stick with Wenger despite 6 in 10 fans wanting him out
London: Arsenal is reportedly not ready to pull the contract they have offered to current boss Arsene Wenger at the end of the season, even though 63 percent of the fans want him to walk away this summer.
The club has agreed to an extension to Wenger`s contract, whose term as Arsenal`s manager ends this summer, but the current boss is delaying his signing until the season end.
According to Metro.co.uk, 63 percent of more than 4,000 readers want Wenger to quit this summer and Arsenal`s failure to win the FA Cup and qualify for the Champions League could make the Frenchman`s position shaky among fans.
Despite growing uncertainty from within the club over Wenger`s decision to continue if the season ends badly for the club, the board members are reportedly backing his reign and not thinking about withdrawing their offer.
Arsenal face Wigan Athletic in the FA Cup semi-final on Saturday, and if they win they would go up against either Hull City or Sheffield United at Wembley, while the Champions League fate is now out of their hands after the 3-0 defeat to Everton, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed