Arsenal to stick with Wenger despite 6 in 10 fans wanting him out
London: Arsenal is reportedly not ready to pull the contract they have offered to current boss Arsene Wenger at the end of the season, even though 63 percent of the fans want him to walk away this summer.
The club has agreed to an extension to Wenger`s contract, whose term as Arsenal`s manager ends this summer, but the current boss is delaying his signing until the season end.
According to Metro.co.uk, 63 percent of more than 4,000 readers want Wenger to quit this summer and Arsenal`s failure to win the FA Cup and qualify for the Champions League could make the Frenchman`s position shaky among fans.
Despite growing uncertainty from within the club over Wenger`s decision to continue if the season ends badly for the club, the board members are reportedly backing his reign and not thinking about withdrawing their offer.
Arsenal face Wigan Athletic in the FA Cup semi-final on Saturday, and if they win they would go up against either Hull City or Sheffield United at Wembley, while the Champions League fate is now out of their hands after the 3-0 defeat to Everton, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional