Arsenal turn to Michu, Dzeko as chances of Suarez transfer fade
London: Premier League club`s Liverpool hard stance on not selling Uruguayan striker Luis Suarez has brought Arsenal to draw up a Plan B of acquiring Swansea`s Michu or Man City`s Edin Dzeko.
According to the Mirror, Gunners boss Wenger still sees Suarez as his No.1 priority and they are likely to go back with an improved bid, but their chances of persuading the Kop club to sell appear to be fading.
The report said that Arsenal passed up on interest in David Villa, Gonzalo Higuain and Stevan Jovetic to move for Suarez, but the Reds` entrenched position has seen them knock back two bids and even an improved offer of around 45million pounds may not be enough.
Suarez is keen to go and may yet ask for a transfer to try to force a move, and there is also the chance that Real Madrid may come in if they cannot land Spurs` Gareth Bale, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Today in History, 24th September, 2016
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi