Arsenal wants to bring in more players: Wenger
Beijing: English club`s Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said Wednesday that he was still looking to add more players to his team in the summer transfer window.
"I am not finished in the transfer market this summer and I want to bring more players into Arsenal," said Wenger at a press conference here where Arsenal will play friendly with Manchester City this Friday.
Wenger would did not talk about any specific targets but the Frenchman hopes to add to his squad before the transfer window closes, reports Xinhua.
"You see I have come here to say as little as possible," Wenger said jokingly, before adding, "I am ready to talk a lot, but not a lot about transfers because it is a very fragile subject and a very secret subject."
"We bought Giroud and Podoiski and I hope that we bought Diaby and Wilshere too, who didn`t play at all last season," Wenger continued. "We will add Wilshere to the squad as soon as possible. But we are not at the end of the transfers and we will still bring more players in."
When asked about the future of Robin van Persie after landing in Beijing for the second leg of the Arsenal 2012 Asian tour, Wenger`s answer was unequivocal.
"There is nothing to elaborate, and the options are clear. We want to keep our players and I would be happy for Robin to stay in the English Premier League and at Arsenal," said Wenger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened