Arsenal will not be in top four: Owen
London: Former England and Liverpool striker Michael Owen has said that despite Arsenal splashing cash to recruit Barcelona and Chilean star Alexis Sanchez, the North London club will fail to finish in the top four of the English Premier League.
According to Owen, who moved to Spanish giants Real Madrid from Liverpool, Arsenal had "lagged a step behind" other clubs.
"I have been really impressed with Arsenal’s signing of Sanchez," he said. "They have been missing a bit of quality but (they’ll miss out).
"The signing of Sanchez has made everyone sit up and take note. I really do rate him, he’s a top player and it’s a big step in the right direction," Owen was quoted as saying by talkSPORT.
Owen picked Chelsea, defending champions Manchester City, Manchester United and Liverpool to finish above Arsenal and take the top four spots.
"But, in no particular order, my top four for next season would be Chelsea, Mancheste City, Man United and Liverpool.
"Arsenal haven’t had any real stand out players in the last few years, like Thierry Henry. They have just lagged a step behind," said Owen.
Arsenal finished fourth last season behind champions City, Liverpool and London rivals Chelsea.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living