Arshavin to miss Porto Champions League clash
London: Arsenal forward Andrei Arshavin said he would miss Wednesday`s Champions League game at Porto with a hamstring strain.
Arshavin picked up the injury in last week`s Premier League win over Liverpool.
"If all goes well I get back on the pitch as early as the next Premier League match against Sunderland. However, the next game against Porto I will miss," the Russian told the league`s official website.
Alex Song is also struggling to make the Porto match after injuring a knee in the same game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- DNA: Why no voice is being raised in favour of Kashmiri Pandits?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city