Arteta says `about time` Arsenal opened war chest to get star players
London: Arsenal midfielder Mikel Arteta has admitted that it is about time Arsenal pulled their transfer market finger out, with the Gunners yet to clinch any big deals so far this summer.
Manager Arsene Wenger has confirmed that he is in the market for stellar names such as Liverpool striker Luis Suarez and Real Madrid hitman Gonzalo Higuain on his wish list.
The midfielder firmly believes the north Londoners need to play catch up having fallen behind the two Manchester clubs and Chelsea in the past few seasons, a report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Indian Premier League, Match 28: Gujarat Lions vs Kings XI Punjab - Preview
- Indian Premier League, Match 29: Rising Pune Supergiants vs Mumbai Indians - Preview
- Draft Bill for statehood of Delhi is ready: CM Arvind Kejriwal
- China, Japan foreign ministers hold rare talks to reduce mistrust in ties
- Cambodian passenger train back on track post years-long hiatus