Arteta says `about time` Arsenal opened war chest to get star players
London: Arsenal midfielder Mikel Arteta has admitted that it is about time Arsenal pulled their transfer market finger out, with the Gunners yet to clinch any big deals so far this summer.
Manager Arsene Wenger has confirmed that he is in the market for stellar names such as Liverpool striker Luis Suarez and Real Madrid hitman Gonzalo Higuain on his wish list.
The midfielder firmly believes the north Londoners need to play catch up having fallen behind the two Manchester clubs and Chelsea in the past few seasons, a report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir